Important AZ ESA Update: Private Evaluations Now Accepted!

Parents, you can now use PRIVATE EVALUATIONS to qualify for increased ESA funding!

Yep, that’s right! You are no longer required to go through the school district (unless you would benefit from a Disabled / Displaced Tuition Tax Credit Scholarship (STO), which does require a MET/IEP/504plan from the district).

More details will be posted to the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) website soon. 

If you suspect your child may qualify for increased funding due to autism, dyslexia, or any other qualifying disability category, here’s what to do:

  1. Find a licensed doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, or neuropsychologist and schedule an evaluation for your child. You may already have a diagnosis, in which case you can use that. 
  2. Get a copy of your doctor’s credentials/license (this will need to be submitted to ADE along with the diagnosis paperwork). Here’s how to get credentials for any psychologist or psychiatrist:
    1. Go to psychboard.az.gov
    2. Click directory
    3. Click licensee search
    4. Filter license type: Psychologist
    5. In the search bar enter their name name
  1. Here’s how to get a copy for doctors – To get a license for a MD or DO https://azbomprod.azmd.gov/glsuiteweb/clients/azbom/public/webverificationsearch.aspx and enter their name in the search bar
  2. Upload the diagnosis paperwork to the ADE Help Desk along with the doctor’s credentials. 
  3. ADE will reach out with a new contract and updated award amount.

Further questions? Shoot us an email at hello@loveyourschool.org.

- Love Your School

Founder & Executive Director

Recent Articles